HARTSVILLE, SC – The Lenoir-Rhyne volleyball team tied for first place with Tusculum at 13-2 in the league with a 3-0 sweep against Coker on Friday night. The Bears own the tiebreaker with the Pioneers with a previous 3-0 victory. The victory sets up a big clash with the Wingate Bulldogs tomorrow.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lenoir-Rhyne 3, Coker 0
Recordings: Lenoir-Rhyné (18-5, 13-2 SAC) | Coking (3-20, 1-14 SAC)
Site: Deloach Center
- Taylor prall gave the Bears a quick start and LR didn’t look back. Prall had eight kills and hit 0.444 in the opening set as the Bears took an early lead.
- Anna jordan and Rachel Bewick each had eight digs in the opening frame.
- LR would reach 25-16 wins in sets two and three and hit 0.375 as a team in set three.
- The Bears were able to face 17 different players in the victory.
- Prall finished with a record 12 kills.
- Mackenzie hulsey had four kills and touched .800 while adding 18 assists. Rachel wildermut was one assist from a career-high with 15 assists.
- Bewick finished with 18 digs and Jordan scored 14 digs, a season-high.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- LR is 20-3 against Coker and has won seven straight wins against the Cobras.
- The Bears have won seven straight games.
- It was the Bears’ 13th SAC victory of the season. LR has not reached this mark since his 18 games won in the 2015 season.
- 12 different players achieved a kill in the match.
- LR has swept four straight games and hasn’t lost a set since October 23.
FOLLOWING: LR will travel to Wingate for a game at 2 p.m. on Saturday.